India has a number of stunning and startling hill stations to visit and settle down at. If you want to retire for a couple of days from your hectic work and city life, then these are the locations you should visit. There are so many more, but we are just listing down few of the hill stations. These pristine hill stations are what make India different from other countries. Have a wonderful and memorable holiday while on the hilly retreats. Start making a list today.
- Munnar: God’s own country tops the list when it comes to hill stations. Munnar is located 1,600 m above the sea level in Kerala. This is also called as the green capital of India. The rolling hilltops, scenic mountains and plantations of tea and coffee make this even better. This is nature`s gift to us and there isn’t any reason why you shouldn’t visit this hill station.
- Pahalgam: Whether you go for a honeymoon trip, family vacation or alone, the liveliness in Pahalgam never ends. This hill station is situated in Jammu and Kashmir. The beauty will show you the true colours of nature at its best.
- Mount Abu: This is the only hill station in Rajasthan and is worth vacationing at. Mount Abu gracefully lies in the bosom of Aravalli Range. It has a history of myths and legends, which make it even more interesting to visit. It also offers a treat to those who love deserts.
- Ooty: Ooty is quite a popular hill station and we know why. Nestled deep in the Nilgiri Hills, this Tamil Nadu hill station is one of a kind. It a hub for honeymooners and those who love nature. It is hence titled as one of the best hill stations.
- Darjeeling: Darjeeling is well-known as it has been featured in tons of movies. Gaze horizons, walk through the fluffy clouds and see some mesmerizing views while in Darjeeling. This is a perfect getaway for families since kids can enjoy a toy train ride. You can also visit many sacred foundations while in Darjeeling.
- Manali: This is meant for those who love skiing. Manali is located beside the Beas River Valley in Himachal Pradesh and is known for its splendour. This is a popular holiday spot for honeymooners, families and adventurous people. The snow will make you fall in love with Manali.
- Gangtok: This mystical land filled with clouds and pleasing valleys should be your next vacation destination. Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim and has some of the highest peaks of the Himalayas. You can enjoy ropeway cable ride and river rafting while in Gangtok.
- Dalhousie: Besides being one of the most celebrated hill stations in India, it is also known for the healing water found in the Karelanu region. Other than this, Dalhousie is known for its simplicity and alluring charm.
Start making your lists and plan a trip right away. When you book your tickets for the train, make sure to take the privilege of online food delivery in train services and pick your favourite food items.
Author: The author loves hill stations and likes sharing her travel experiences. Find some of her best works at travelkhana.