SEO is a long term digital marketing strategy that is based on relevancy. Time, experience and effort are all required for an effective SEO campaign. It can take months for a website to start seeing the results, but once you are at the top of the ranks, it is unlikely that you will fall back down.
SEO is a gradual process. Google wants to return the most relevant results for a user’s search query. Google is an expert when it comes to finding the most experienced and helpful websites as it “crawls” web pages, reading the content as it goes. Smarter Digital Marketing, an SEO Edinburgh company, fills us in on why you should always work with a Google Partner when it comes to digital marketing.
What is Search Engine Optimisation?
Google is extremely clever and will analyse the question or word that the user has asked them to find and crawl the theme of the content of the desired website. Google also decides what keywords it is best to show a page for, and where to place it in the rankings for those keywords.
Google will also look at the health and domain rating of a page. It looks at things such as the general theme of the website that the link comes from, the websites’ domain authority.
Why Choose a Gooogle Partner: SEO Edinburgh
Are you confused about SEO in Edinburgh and other UK cities? If you are then you should always hire a digital marketer that is a trained Google Partners. For any aspect of digital marketing, your team should know how to understand all of Google’s historic algorithm updates.
It is true that Google’s algorithm has a lot to do with how your website is read and the keywords and phrases it is ranked for. Googles tools such as Keyword Planner and analytics will help you understand more about your website. A digital marketing team should provide you with this insight, they will also make sure that your website is benefitting from Google updates.
If you have never built or managed a website before and are unfamiliar with how digital marketing in Edinburgh works, then a digital marketing team have the ability to run a campaign and assist an in-house marketing team. An Edinburgh SEO team can take control of your online marketing strategy if needs be, which would relieve any stress from you.
Digital Marketing Edinburgh Tips
- Start by changing page titles, a digital marketing agency will use a specific tool to check your web pages for pages titles. An SEO page title should always be the main page keywords and it should never be longer than 60 words.
- Make sure that you are adding H1’s. An article title. This tells Google what the main focus for the written content is.
- Once you have written content make sure that you are structuring pages using H2’s. Subheaders within articles. These break up content and tell Google what the following content is focused on within the main article.
- Meta Description is also a must if you are looking for a more efficient SEO strategy. This is a longer description intended to be a screenshot of the article to tell human users what the article is about.
- Image Alt Tags must also be applied ad Google can’t “read” an image in terms of SEO Edinburgh.