One should design and create a product in such a way so that it can grab the attention of the customers. The more the products will attract the attention of the customers the more it will be easier to sell the products. It is a fact that visual perception occupies the largest area of human brain followed by hearing.
People spend much lesser time in reading and understanding a text or the name of a product. The time they spent in looking at a digital ad is even shorter. So a product designer before designing any product should take into consideration all these factors before they start working on the packaging of the product. They should try to simplify the packaging as well as the message that they want to deliver to the customers. If you want to create something unique in terms of your business then you should always try to convert the words into icons and images on the products and its packaging. A product designer should possess certain qualities like he or she should be creative who must have a good sense of colour and shape, the person should understand various production methods and materials. They should have the knowledge about the taste of the people and should understand how they choose products.
Product Design courses in India teach both theoretical as well as practical skills in design area. Product Design courses help to develop broad knowledge about production methods
Let us discuss how a product designer can start their careers.
- Product Designers can create wide range of products such as mobile phones, household appliances and cars; to larger items, such as industrial tools, equipment and machinery.
- They are also responsible for sketching initial design ideas.
- They need to produce detailed, final hand drawings and specifications by using computer software (CAD) to create design specifications, including parts lists and costings.
- They can start their career in various departments of manufacturing firms.
- Product designers can also work in industries manufacturing table ware, sanitary wares, light fittings, pottery, decorative porcelain.
The product design courses include concepts like design ethnography, design research, Design Process, Strength of Materials, History of Design, Green Design, System .Product Design programmes should be rendered by all the top design colleges in India.